Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My First Blog Ever!


I'm Shay Johnson. I grew up in the warm.. dry.. valley of Murrieta California and I went to all Murrieta public schools. There I played tennis competetively since I was about eight years old. Currently I am attending Cal State San Marcos as a kinesiology major with a PE subdivision. After I graduate I plan on getting my teaching certification as well as a certification in Adapted PE. I currently work at costco and on and off at the Ecke YMCA where I've taught kids how to skateboard and ran outdoor games at an after-school program.

In some ways I agree that technology can be an amazing thing with many benefits, but I personally choose to reject a lot of up and coming technology for mainly financial purposes. I'm not very big on discovering "the new thing", but I can appreciate the knowledge it takes to create a lot of it. My overall experience with technology over the years includes a lot of hair pulling frusteration, so this class I believe will be quite a challenge for me.

The part of the CSUSM Mission statement that stood out to me was the idea of student-centered education. When I think of "student-centered" I think of professors basing their curriculum around the student and involving us in hands on work like class disscusions etc. I really enjoy that type of learning.

3 comments:

  1. I myself am a kinesthetic learner as well. I was wondering which YMCA you currently work at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work at Magdalena Ecke in Encinitas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a tough time with technology...especially computers!

    ReplyDelete